Kindness is the Key
“Hiring pleasant people and making their jobs enjoyable is the secret to winning acclaim as an employer”, says Jim Bartholomay, general manager of the Renaissance Tampa Hotel at International Plaza
- Be a strong leader. Motivate employees, mentor their growth and guide them toward success.
- Mistakes happen. The best organizations understand that failure can be a great teacher. Create a culture where employees can take risks and make errors, without fear of retribution.
- Be transparent. When nothing is hidden, trust flourishes.
- Encourage innovation. Empower employees to pursue their creative ideas.
- Don’t micromanage. Give workers the tools to do their jobs; then step back.
- Emphasize collaboration. Build workplace relationships. Value the input from all employees, and encourage connection.
- Abandon the status quo. Rethink everything; from top to bottom.
- See the big picture. Employees want to contribute to a greater good, and want to have pride in a mission that makes a difference. Reinforce that desire.
- Celebrate pivotal moments. Honoring individual goals, as well as team accomplishments, brings workers together and motivates them to excellence.
- Groom new leaders. Sharing knowledge and creating an open corporate culture will keep the business strong and vital.